The page in a front end to allows you to create configurations which "blacklist" site content, hiding it from list pages. This can be used, for example, in conjunction with homebrew content , to create a campaign JSON file containing additions to the base game, as well as the removal of unwanted extraneous content.
By default, 5eTools only allows official content. RAW (Rules As Written)
- With great power comes great responsibility. If you're a DM intending to use this system to remove parts of the game you consider broken, inconvenient, or otherwise in need of adjustment; please first consider the needs and expectations of your players, as well as the extensive playtesting and design iterations of which 5th Edition was the result. If something is in the game, it's probably there for a reason.
Exclude all UA
- It automatically removes all non RAW content.
SourceDefaults to * (all)
- The listed name of the source, includes repository Homebrew & RAW resources
Defaults to * (all). If nothing is chosen all entries in the Source will be chosen
- This is list largely built from the types under the schemata the various types are:
Background, Boon, Class, Cult, Deity, Feat, Hazard, Item, Monster, Object, Optional Feature, Psionic, Race, Reward, Spell, Subclass, Trap, & Variant Rule.
Defaults to * (all)'. If nothing is chosen all entries in the Source or Category will be chosen.
- Names are specific to the Source and then filtered by Category (if chosen)
- Click this to submit the exclusion rule to the blacklist.
- Saves the currently developed blacklist to a JSON file
- Take a local JSON blacklist rules set and brings it to the browser, the list of exclusions will populate the table at the bottom of the window.
- Remove all restrictions on the current blacklist (effectively delete
Once an exclusion rule has been added a table at the bottom of the page will begin to populate with a new line item per rule. At the end of the line, there will be a delete icon to selectively remove individual lines.
Walkthrough (How to use it)
You'll need to know what you want to remove from the game, and the track down those items through interactions with the above elements.
- Determine the Source, and select it from the list.
- (optional) Choose the Category for exclusion. (If you do not choose a category the whole source will be excluded, proceed to step 4.)
- (optional) Choose the Name of the item for exclusion. (If you do not choose one the entire contents of the selected category from the Named source will be excluded.)
- (optional) Click Export if you wish to save and/or share the Blacklist.
- Click Export if you wish to save and/or share the Blacklist.
- Click Import List.
- Locate the item on the Exclusion List at the bottom of the window.
- Click Remove for each entry you wish removed.
Support/Suggested Use Guidance
(this is a community-curated set of best practices / FAQ on the feature's support and solutions/workarounds.)
Did that not answer your question(s)? if not please check the Known Issues page for further guidance, or leave a comment below to let others know (and help you).