Overview: The BetteR20 script works to modify the local session of Roll20's platform. While some of the script's abilities will seem to change Roll20, it more works as an interpreter changing what you see or it works behind the scenes taking actions as if you yourself had taken various steps.
The Script is not an API do not insert its code into Roll20's API interface.
Getting Started / Supported Environment
- Check your local environment and confirm it meets the requirements
- Install TamperMonkey (for Chrome / Firefox ) on your browser
- Confirm it is installed (you may need to close all session of the browser and restart the browser)
- Go to Get.5eTools.com
- Choose which script you'll be using
NOTE: The Versions of TamperMonkey and the script may have udpated since the photo was taken, both tampermonkey and BetteR20 will automatically update as new versions become available.
AS OF NOVEMBER 2018 ---
- 6. you MUST Install R20ES .
- 7. Your Roll20 game MUST have a character sheet type chosen in the game's settings. (GM must define)
8. Enter into a Roll20 game to confirm the script is active.
- 9. Play around. Enjoy. Go Crazy. Give Thanks.
If you have a Roll20 Pro level subscription this is not a Roll20 API Script DO NOT take put the RAW text of the script's code into Roll20's API Scripts as an "untitled.js."
(if that means nothing to you, don't worry)
Disable or fail to install the R20ES (VTT Enhancement Suite), (see installation notes above). If you do not do this, Roll20 will hang upon loading you MUST have the extension Installed and enabled .
Have both BetteR20 Core & BetteR20 5eTools enabled at the same time. If you do... you'll hang on load and get an error.
Now you may wish to familiarize yourself with: